Children will read an article about lions, their habitat, and habits within a pride. Comprehension is encouraged in the science content area through the use of personal connections and opinions. Teachers are encouraged to use this format to illustrate how to better comprehend any science lesson or text that students are reading. The activity is available on the primary and intermediate levels and correlates with Content Standard C, Life Science, and Content Standard F, Science in Personal and Social Perspectives of the National Science Standards.
- Maggie's Treasure Trove: Access nearly 1,000 pages of classroom-ready activity sheets from lessons in reading comprehension to math; from quotation marks to science concepts and from Michigan to
- Maggie's Emergent Reader Archival Material: Perfect for Kindergarten and First graders you’ll find nearly one hundred pages of lessons and activities. Each lesson is accompanied by an invaluable Dear Colleague
- What is it? 05/21/2013: This week's activity, "Is it a Guanaco or is it a Llama?"? leaves this gal out. Be the first to properly identify Anoushka and we'll... »
- Academic Language 05/14/2013: As teachers, we believe all of us are second mothers (and fathers) to all children because of the amount of time we spend in the... »
- Wild Weather 05/06/2013: Many of you have seen our "Wild Weather" series in the past and as it is unseasonably cool here on the east coast it seemed... »